I’ll start by wishing you readers an happy new year. Lots of things are changing for me this year. I’ll go a quick review of last year
- I was a full-time intern at Genetec working as Software Developer from Jan to April
- I gave a tech talk in my local .NET meetup concerning F# and an introduction to functional programming
- I was a part-time intern at Genetec working there as a FP R&D software developer from May to December
- I was in the Google Summer of code program for a month before I got too sick to continue working on the project
- In the fall, I wanted to push forward AugmentedTactics with SmartTactics using F#. The project turned out to be too big for the 3.5 months so it became a tactical role playing game framework (More on this in a later post).
- I was a top 15% user of stackoverflow (overall top 28% users)
- I became a 5 Ryu in C# on the codewars platform (www.codewars.com)
- I got accepted in the Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree program (AIND) (More on this in a later post)
- Got an interview with both Amazon and Twitter
This year, I’m finally finishing my undergrad in software engineering that I’ve started in the fall of 2013. So I’ve got a lot things to look forward and to think of such as possibly pursuing my studies at a higher level (Master’s degree in software engineering for instance). So I’ve made some kind of bucket list of things I wanted to achieve this year.
- Get an interview with Google (checked)
- Become on the proficient level on the codewars platform (4 Kyu)
- Get a paper published in the CODE magazine (.NET magazine)
- Do one last hackathon before graduation (doing McHacks 2017 – More on this in a later post)
- Complete the AIND program
- Get to know the Python, C++ and Haskell/Scala languages
- Complete the Google Summer of Code 2017 program
- Use my TRPG framework and build an AR prototype with it
- Be a top 20% overall on stackoverflow
- Write at least 30 posts on the blog
- Visit a new country
- Learn a new instrument (been dying to learn the trumpet !)
Well that’s it !