- Presentation made by Jeff Dean, the current leader of the Google AI division
- Each talk bring excellent points to keep in mind while designing a system that will scale at large
- We can exclude the information related solely on distributed systems and focus on the common principles for software design
- Designs, Lessons and Advice from Building Large Distributed Systems
- Software Engineering Advice from Building Large-Scale Distributed Systems
Those talks may be dated a little but the essence is spot-on! I encourage you to go through them both 😀
I’m getting more and more interested in both performance engineering and system design so those two talks hit right at home!
- Learn about ‘back of the envelope calculations’ here
Thanks for reading and thank you, Jeff Dean, for your amazing presentations!